- Period: You want cookies
- Period: You want to fuck
- Period: You want to fuck while eating cookies.
- Period: Let's be sad about trivial things, shall we?
- Period: Kill them.
- Period: Kill them too.
- Period: Kill them and eat their cookies.
- Period: Shhhh it's okay you'll feel better soon.
- Period: HAHAHAHAHA NO YOU WON'T FUCK YOU.
- Period: Whoops you dropped a spoon better cry
It seems to me that if more women are writing YA than men, and your panels and lists are only full of men, then you must be working pretty hard to exclude women—or you aren’t working hard enough to diversify your reading. Of course, no one should tell you what you should read, even though you’re missing out on most of the good stuff, but if you’re informing what children and teens are exposed to, then it actually is your responsibility to read more widely, recommend a broader variety of books, and strive for more gender parity and diversity in your panels and author visits. E.C. Myers (ecmyers), Confessions of a Male YA Author (via bluestockingbookworm)
← Older entries Page 1 of 959